DESIGN MENTORSHIP ACTIVATION PROGRAM (DMAP)
The basic concept of this project is to provide the industry oriented design training to the budding designers from reputed design institutes across India. The students engaged for 6 months industry oriented training under the supervision of senior designers of NCDPD. Each of the intern designer were attached to particular Handicraft Exporter or a group of Exporters for a period of 4 months and 2 months for learning the manufacturing process, understanding markets and providing new & innovative designs at the clusters.
- Students understand the importance of communication and critical reasoning and the effect they have on this diversified and global industry.
- The program is structured to challenge and inspire students by incorporating artistic, technical, and theoretical elements into a realistic approach to the Handicraft Industry.
- More than 90 designers benefitted with training program in Indian handicraft industry and got employment.
- More than 100 Exporters benefitted with Program.
- More than 25 cluster benefitted by the DMAP interns who given design knowledge to the artisans.
DMAP is a bridge between young designer, artisans and exporters
Progress So Far
As per the evaluation conducted by third party, the report says that “Majority of both the stakeholders i.e. exporters and students are happy with the DMAP programme, as both agreed that they have benefitted through this programme. Exporters benefitted mainly through introduction of new ideas and designs, while the students benefitted by getting adequate industry exposure and working with industry designers. As a result, majority of exporters would like to participate in this training programme again. The exporters and students expressed that this is a great initiative by NCDPD and should be continued in the coming years.”
- This project was designed for the graduating design students of reputable Design institutes and universities.
- The project intends to give the students a chance to be trained on-the-job with exporters and craft clusters.
- The training being provided under the program is for 6 months, wherein the students are being mentored by the in-house designers of NCDPD.
- The students are being given 4 months training with a selected exporter, where he/she is exposed to how an export company operates, and then for 2 months, in a craft cluster
- The pairing or selection of the exporters and craft cluster where the students will be trained is based on the specialization or skills of the students or their inclination or preference
- The necessary stipend provided to the students during the 6 months training program.
- List of Design Students/Interns(Batch-3)
- List of Design Students/Interns(Batch-2)
- List of Design Students/Interns(Batch-1)