Set up in 1999, under society’s Act by Development Commissioner (Handicrafts) Ministry of Textiles, Govt. of India. The Board of NCDPD is represented by eminent exporters, policy makers and renowned people of trade industry. Development Commissioner (Handicrafts), Ministry of Textiles, Govt. of India was Ex-Officio Chairman of NCDPD Board.
NCDPD was set up with the objective to fulfil the gaps in the handicraft sector of soft and hard goods in the areas of Design / Product Development and Technology. NCDPD works in close cooperation with Development Commissioner (Handicrafts) to undertake design and product development activities on pan India basis for clusters. It also works closely with Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts (EPCH) and its member exporters to create future linkage.
NCDPD is equipped with professional International & National designers who work to provide complete array of services for customized design / product development.
Area of Involement
- Product design & development
- Design research & dissemination
- Design promotion
- Image building and branding
- Product standards and product excellence
- Exhibitions design, showroom and store development and visual merchandisin
- Industry linkages, tie-ups and networking
- Vendors compliance
- Package design
- Graphic design
- Technology upgradation
- Design, market and technical trends information
- Design research and library / resource centre
- Design training, mentoring, apprenticeship and career opportunities read more